Table of Contents
This article will look at some of the best hiking boots under $100 available on the market in 2021. These budget hiking boots will provide eager hikers with the absolute best in premium comfort without having to break the bank.
With an ever-growing number of people starting to enjoy the great outdoors again, it is more important than ever to find the right pair of hiking boots for you.
Hiking is one of the best ways to exercise your entire body while also savoring the beauty and serenity of nature’s many marvels.
However, many hikers make the costly error of not picking up a pair of comfortable and sturdy hiking boots, sticking to those old worn-out sneakers instead.
Hiking boots are such a vital outdoor necessity because not only do they protect your feet from the damage of walking on rough terrain, but they also ensure you maintain the correct posture and stay comfortable all hike long.
So, to help you get equipped for your next great outdoors mountaineering adventure, we have put together a list of the best hiking boots under $100.
All of these boots protect your feet, provide traction in rough terrain and are perfect for any eager outdoor adventurer on a budget.
*Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links, which means should you click and purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Best Hiking Boots under $100
The most affordable set of hiking boots on our list, these durable and stylish shoes are not lacking in quality despite the meager price!
• These boots have a robust multi-directional rubber outsole which provides a hiker with outstanding traction on rough terrain.
• It employs a fast lace-up front and heel pull strap that makes it easy to get on and off, saving time for adjustments during your hike and ensuring a comfortable fit.
• These boots contain EVA insoles that guarantee to cushion your feet by providing a “rubber-like” softness and flexibility, reducing strain and allowing you to go further for longer.
• Ziitop also provides a 48-day refund period as well as a staggering 22-month warranty, meaning you can purchase with confidence.
These hiking boots have a great range of features that provide remarkable durability and comfort, all for an impressively low-price tag! Its warranty period also means you can be confident that these boots will last.
One of the best budget choices from Hi-Tec, this brand was founded in 1974 in the appropriately named Shoeburyness, England. Hi-Tec has been making fantastic outdoor shoes like the Skamania hiking boots ever since.
• The Skamania is made entirely of leather and textile material, providing a robust surface that is waterproof and damage resistant.
• It features a rubber sole that helps to provide a hiker with an impressive all-terrain grip that is perfect for those intense uphill hikes.
• Features a padded collar as well as an easy slip-on loop, meaning you can be confident of comfort while enjoying any long-distance treks.
• The secure metal lace clips mean you can maintain a tight fit, keeping your ankles protected and improving your mobility and posture.
One of the most reliable brand names in the world, these Hi-Tec hiking boots are great for all types of hikes while also using an ankle protection design that guarantees comfort and longevity when out on the trails, making them one of the best hiking boots under $100.
One of America’s most trusted hiking brands, these Nortiv 8 hiking boots are one of the best all-rounder brands for just over 50 dollars, helping you enjoy the vast beauty of nature for less!
• Designed with a Norti-TEX membrane composition layered between the rubber sole and shoe, which ensures a water repellent design that is also breathable.
• Features a rubber toe cap with a reinforced heel design that helps to reduce damage from surface collisions.
• Includes soft suede leather material designed to be comfortable and breathable in summer and heat retaining in winter.
• Come’s with removable compression insoles that provide arch support and brings all-day comfort by absorbing contact shock.
With a reinforced design and water repellent material, the Nortiv 8 hiking boots are excellent for all types of rough environments, and their shock absorption will have you feeling like you are walking on air.
The perfect boots for outdoor explorers that love the tactical style and durability (and the boots I personally use), Wideway provides hiking boots of military-grade quality within a fantastic budget range.
• Wideway tactical boots use full-grain cowhide leather and nylon cloth to ensure their boots are firm, water-resistant and resilient.
• The breathable padding, dual vents and cushioned inserts help to ensure these boots will feel cool and comfortable in even the hottest climates.
• The Wideway tactical boots are designed to be effortless to clean thanks to their easy wipe technology and polished leather front.
• These tactical boots have a reinforced rubber sole with trench grooves that provide exceptional traction on even the steepest of terrains.
Thanks to their stylish tactical design, versatile material, and breathable design, the Wideway tactical boots are some of the best mid-budget boot options on our list of the best hiking boots under $100.
One of the more premium options on our list (but still under $100), Foxelli excels at everything great outdoors and their hiking boots are no different! These boots are sturdy and stylish, working to make hiking look elegant.
• Made from suede leather, these boots incorporate a breathable mesh that makes them comfortable and stylish in design.
• These hiking boots feature a padded collar, ankle cushioning and foam innersoles and are built for long haul treks thanks to their shock absorption technology.
• Their reinforced rubber soles provide outstanding traction on even the muddiest terrain, while the built-in arch and ankle support works to improve your posture.
• Foxelli also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as a 1-year buyer’s warranty, providing you with the assurance to purchase.
The Foxelli boots are by far some of the best hiking boots under $100 thanks to their striking suede leather design, comfortable yet integral shock absorption and sturdy under sole design, ensuring you can hike with confidence no matter the terrain.
Columbia is a born and bred American company headquartered in Portland and has been making phenomenal outdoor sportswear for nearly 83 years. Their Newtown Ridge hiking boots are no exception to this and these are by far some of the best hiking boots for under $100 on the market.
• Newton Ridge boots are made from waterproof suede leather which has been treated with anti-scuff protectorate, meaning you can be confident of their sturdiness in every terrain known to man.
• Features a metal framework with a seam-sealed outline that makes this hiking boot durable enough to withstand the most brutal hits and all the while protecting your feet in even the roughest landscapes.
• The lace-up front and adjustable ankle padding mean you can set these incredible hiking boots as tight as you need, improving your posture and protecting your ankles from strain.
• Columbia’s Newton Ridge boots also include a multi-terrain Omni grip traction system designed to provide impressive grip and function on both mountainous pathways as well as winter surfaces like ice and snow.
The dual season design of the Columbia Newton Ridge boots makes them great all year round and their sleek and comfortable design is why these are some of the best hiking boots available on a budget.
Any of these phenomenal hiking boots will have you powering through the roughest of terrains in absolute comfort and confidence. Their sturdy design, quality material and stylish aesthetic are why these are some of the best hiking boots under $100.
About the author: Steve Rohan, originally from England, has lived in China for over six years. He has lived in the frozen city of Harbin, the ancient capital of Luoyang and now resides in the tropical paradise of Sanya on Hainan Island.
He has travelled extensively across Europe and Asia, mostly by train, and has written about his travels for this blog as well as self-publishing his first book, Siberian Odyssey.